Monday, July 6, 2009

Health Insurance

As a quick reminder, this site is IN NO WAY affiliated with what remains of MIS Group, this is intended for those of us hurt by the loss of our jobs to share contact information and help one another through this difficult time.

I am not aware yet of any communication from MIS regarding health insurance. As I understood it in the meeting this morning any coverage we would potentially receive would be through the end of July and would not extend past that. Most of us are probably thinking about what happens after July 31, that is assuming that we are able to secure coverage through then. Several weeks ago my wife and I met with an independent health insurance broker who was highly recommended by a friend of mine and is endorsed by Dave Ramsey. We were exploring other options before we knew what was happening at the company as coverage was expensive on the company plan. I highly recommend that people contact him to explore health insurance options. Even if you find another job quickly it would be worth talking with my guy as he will probably be able to save you money. He represents the major carriers, i.e. Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, Cigna, etc. Having said all of this, contact Mark Roden if you are interested in exploring options:

972-898-8063
mark@markroden.com



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! By the way, we do not have any insurance coverage after 6/30. The 7/31/09 premium that is due by 7/31/09 is not expected to be paid unless all employees agree to pay it in full. I would willingly do this, and have done so for over a year.

    So if you need medical attention in July, it will not be covered and eventually the doctor, etc. will come looking for what the insurance did not pay.

    I was told we had 60 days to find coverage before the coverage technically lapses. It is always easier to find coverage while you are currently in a plan.

    Laura Madeira
    laura@quick-training.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been collecting advice on finding insurance, a couple that have been recommended:

    1. Look to a leasing company
    2. Check out Sam's Club where you can build your own policy.
    3. Find a policy with Golden Rule.

    I will share them as I find them. For us, my husband is diabetic (takes pills) and it is hereditary. he is fine, but it seems un-insurable.

    For us, and perhaps others, not having secured health insurance for July is quite upsetting.

    Laura Madeira
    laura@quick-training.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in contact with Ryan at Wischmeyer about my insurance situation. My wife is going to have our first in the month of July sometime. It is especially critical that i find the right solution to this unforseen problem quickly. Ryan told me that the best thing to do is contact a personal insurance provider that will cover a pre-existing condition. He did say that the blue cross blue shield is usually bad about accepting these depending on the condition. He gave me the name of 2 providers who may work very well for this. I have them listed below. I would like to go on to the Texas High Risk Pool but, we supposedly have insurance right now and this disqualifies us.

    Insurance providers for this situation include: United Healthcare (Call First) and Aetna.

    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete